Garbage & Recycling
There will be no waste collection services on
Memorial Day (Monday, May 31st).
Services resume on your next scheduled pickup day.
We strive to provide Winter Garden residents with efficient, reliable, and courteous waste collection services. This includes curbside pickup of the following items:
- Household trash (twice-a-week pickup)
- Recycling (once-a-week pickup)
- Yard waste and large items (once-a-week pickup)
To ensure pick up of your container, please place it on the curb no later than 7 am on your collection day. Remove it no later than 7 pm on the same day.
If you’d like to request a container or report a missed pickup, please call 407-656-2256. Keep in mind that pickup times may vary.
Our services are billed on your monthly City water bill. Please visit Utility Billing to start service or for information regarding your account.
Find Your Collection Days
- Place your container with its handle facing your house. Make sure it is set away from your mailbox, trees, or any other object that may prevent the truck from accessing it.
- Dispose of household trash only in your container. Containers with items such as yard waste, liquids, and building materials will not be emptied.
- Garbage must be set out in containers provided by the City of Winter Garden.
- If you are physically unable to place your containers curbside, you may request door-side pickup services. Please call 407-656-2256 for details.
- Please bag grass clippings and leaves. Loose grass or leaves will not be picked up.
- Stack branches and tree limbs neatly next to the curb.
- There is an additional charge for picking up yard waste piles larger than three cubic yards. Please call 407-656-4111, ext. 2009, for details.
- Please note that City approval is required to remove a tree. Link to the tree permit application here. Contractors hired to remove a tree are responsible for disposing of the debris.
- Items include furniture, mattresses, grills, carpeting, etc.
- These items are collected the same day as yard waste. There is no need to schedule pickup of these items.
- The collection of electronics must be scheduled in advance. Please call 407-656-2256.
- Items include appliances, televisions, computers, vacuum cleaners, water heaters, lawn mowers, etc.
- The City does not collect hazardous waste. Examples of these items include liquid paint, rechargeable batteries, household cleaning products, pool chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, light bulbs, motor oil, cooking oil, and antifreeze.
- Please note that alkaline batteries (9 volt, C, D, AA, and AAA batteries) may now be disposed of in the trash. Further information regarding battery disposal is available on the Florida Department of Environmental Protection's website.
- Hazardous waste items can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Orange County Landfill
5901 Young Pine Road
Orlando, FL 32829
Open daily, 8 am–5 pm
- Porter Transfer Station
1326 Good Homes Road
Orlando, FL 32818
Wednesday through Saturday, 8 am–5 pm
- Orange County Landfill
- Residents in need of disposing of a large amount of trash may request a roll-off, open-top dumpster.
- Typical uses include the disposal of construction debris from home renovations as well as the disposal of general debris when cleaning out a home or garage.
- The charge for this service is $200 each time the container is emptied plus disposal fees. There is no charge for delivery or removal of the dumpster. This service is billed to your City utilities account.
- Please call 407-656-4111, ext. 2009, to request a dumpster.
- What are my collection days?
- I need a trash can and/or recycling can. The one I have is damaged or I don’t have one at all. How can I get a new one?
- How can I dispose of a large item (furniture, mattresses, box springs, grills, carpeting, etc.)?
- How can I dispose of an electrical appliance (TVs, computers, dishwashers, microwaves, washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, etc.)?